New Details Emerge On Injury To Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa

first_imgalabama quarterback tua tagovailoa suffered an injuryATLANTA, GA – DECEMBER 01: Tua Tagovailoa #13 of the Alabama Crimson Tide is carted off the field after defeating the Georgia Bulldogs 35-28 in the 2018 SEC Championship Game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on December 1, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)A new report has revealed when exactly star Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa suffered his ankle injury in the SEC Championship Game win over Georgia.According to AL.com, the Crimson Tide’s sophomore quarterback suffered his high ankle sprain on their fourth offensive snap of the game.Tagovailoa attempted to gut out the injury, but was eventually replaced by Jalen Hurts.It was a bad game for Tagovailoa, who had been the Heisman Trophy favorite up until that point. Now, many expect Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray to win the award.Alabama is reportedly frustrated by this, as Tagovailoa’s poor showing against Georgia was mostly due to him trying to play injured.“Tua suffered the high ankle sprain — a bad one — on Alabama’s fourth snap vs. Georgia, not on the play during the fourth quarter. Frustrating for people at Alabama is that Tua trying to gut it out and stay in the game may end up costing him the Heisman,” AL.com reporter Matt Zenitz tweeted.Tua suffered the high ankle sprain — a bad one — on Alabama’s fourth snap vs. Georgia, not on the play during the fourth quarter.Frustrating for people at Alabama is that Tua trying to gut it out and stay in the game may end up costing him the Heisman.https://t.co/ukkVKguxs3— Matt Zenitz (@mzenitz) December 6, 2018Tagovailoa has already lost out on one major award. The Associated Press named Murray it’s college football player of the year today.The Heisman Trophy will be announced on Saturday night.last_img read more

Read More »

Twitterati hail TikTok ban in India

first_imgNew Delhi: Twitter was flooded with memes and funny videos after a ban on Chinese short video-sharing app TikTok made it unavailable to download from Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store in India. “Saddened to hear about the demise of TikTok India. Two minutes of silence for the TikTok users who mentioned ‘Actor’ in their Bio,” a user wrote on Twitter. “Thank God and the Indian judiciary for the ban!! Hat’s off to you sir Advocate S. Muthukumar for filing this petition to save our youth,” another user tweeted. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details TikTok India had been on the radar for its “pornographic and inappropriate” content. Earlier this month, the Madras High Court ordered a ban on the app on a plea by Advocate Muthu Kumar. On April 3, the Supreme Court refused to stay the Madras High Court order following which the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology asked Google and Apple to block the app. TikTok’s ban only means that new users won’t have access to the app on Google and Apple devices. Owned by Chinese technology company ByteDance, TikTok claims that it has over 120 million monthly active users in India.last_img read more

Read More »

Canfor Corp to temporarily curtail production at three sawmills in BC

The Canadian Press Companies in this story: (TSX:CFP) VANCOUVER — Canfor Corp. says it will temporarily curtail operations at three B.C. sawmills due to log supply constraints, log costs and current market conditions.The company says the cuts will reduce its production by approximately 40 million board feet.Canfor says its sawmill in Vavenby will be curtailed for six weeks starting on Feb. 11.Meanwhile, sawmills in Houston and Mackenzie will be curtailed for one week each in the first quarter.The cuts are in addition to the roughly 150 million board feet of production capacity that was cut by the company in the fourth quarter of 2018 and early in the first quarter of 2019 that was previously announced.Canfor has 13 sawmills in Canada.

Read More »

Flood waters rise faster than funds for UN aid to hundreds of

The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) today voiced deep concern about growing food shortages in Somalia, yet the UN has so far received only $5 million of the $18 million it requested two weeks ago to help the victims of the worst flooding in the impoverished Horn of Africa country’s recent history.Farmers had already been fleeing the Bay region due to armed conflict there, but the floods have now brought new concerns for crops as well as deteriorating sanitary conditions and heightened levels of water-borne diseases, OCHA spokesperson Elizabeth Byrs told a news briefing in Geneva.Some 455,000 Somalis are receiving food by helicopter and trucks and airdrops are scheduled for the coming days, UN World Food Programme (WFP) spokesman Simon Pluess told the briefing.In Kenya, the rains, though more moderate now, are continuing, with 114 people reported dead and some 723,000 more affected by the flooding as of earlier this month, Ms. Byrs said. The waters are very high in the region of Lake Victoria and the Tana River basin, where 20 health centres are no longer accessible to humanitarian workers and 180,000 people need food and health aid.Mr. Pluess said airdrops were planned to begin in Kenya tomorrow, while aid was also being delivered to the Tana River area by heavy-lift helicopters. Over the next two weeks, WFP will seek to airdrop 950 tons in Dardar Camp to ensure food for the area after 1 January.Overall, WFP has fed 563,000 Kenyans and 100,000 Somali refugees in Kenya, 455,000 people in Somalia and 362,000 in Ethiopia.UN Deputy High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Wendy Chamberlin visited camps sheltering some 160,000 mainly Somali refugees in the Dadaab region of north-east Kenya after they fled drought and deadly factional fighting in their homeland. Tens of thousands of them have been displaced by flooding in recent weeks.“This is my second visit to Dadaab this year. When I came in February, you were facing drought-related problems – now you are witnessing floods,” she said while touring two of the camps over the weekend. “I am struck with the cycle of death that Somali refugees face in this camp.” read more

Read More »

New Luberfiner TRT oil filters for mining fleets

first_imgLuber-finer oil filters, a leading brand in heavy-duty filtration, has announce the launch of its new line of Heavy-Duty Time Release Technology (TRT) Oil Filters. Described as going “beyond filtration”, Luber-finer TRT oil filters “provide users with an oil management system that helps maintain oil quality and reduce maintenance costs associated with oil-change intervals” according to the company.Design changes in emission-controlled, heavy-duty diesel engines have placed increased stress on engine oil. The TRToil filters have been specifically engineered to help reduce escalating fleet-maintenance costs and help heavy-duty fleets extend oil-change intervals by increasing the protection against oil degradation in modern diesel engines. TRT oil filters “provide a controlled release of a specially formulated, highly concentrated liquid additive into the oil supply, helping the oil maintain its quality longer.” To optimise the benefits of the additive package, the oil filters also deploy a patent-pending release mechanism, which dispenses the additive in a linear manner to help combat harmful acids that build up over time. In addition, Luber-fineris also launching the new oil filter TRT Value Calculator. Found at www.luberfiner.com/value-calculator, this was designed to help fleet managers better understand current maintenance costs associated with oil changes and determine their potential fleet savings by effectively using TRT filtration products. The new oil filter TRT Value Calculator is part of the Luber-finermobile website and online parts-look-up / cross-reference tool. Downloadable for free at www.luber-finer.com/app, the mobile app has been designed to provide installers and other Luber-finer partners with one-click access to filter product search and cross-reference information to help speed filter change productivity and operators turn bays quicker.last_img read more

Read More »

Bang Bang Vujin shot scared HSV

In derby match of second round EHF Champions League (Group B), MKB Veszprem won over HSV Hamburg 33:30 (15:13). In fantastic atmopshere of “Veszprem Arena”, stars from HSV didn’t found a rhythm leaving home team to make a distance. Most responsible for distance was fantastic right back, Serb, Marko Vujin, who scored 13 goals (7 from penalty) from 20 shots and with many assists.Veszprém: FAZEKAS: Iváncsik T. 1, VUJIN 13 (6), Czasar 3, Sulic 3, Terzic 1, G. Iváncsik 3, Peric (goalkeeper), LUSNYIKOV, LALUSKA, PÉREZ 4, GULYÁS 5, Vilovszki. HSV Hamburg: Bitter: Lindberg, 6 (2), Lijewszki 4, G. Gille 1, Vorian 3, Hens, Jansen, Sandström ( goalkeeper ) , Duvnjak 2, Kraus , LACKOVIC 5, Gille B.In a matches of group D”, only surprise is draw in Sarajevo between Bosna and C.O Zagreb – 26:26. Ciudad Real had easy job in Sankt Petersburg 32:23 and SG Flensburg also against Romanian champion, Constanta 29:22.SG Flensburg-Handewitt – HCM Constanta 29:22 (15:7)SG Flensburg-Handewitt: Rasmussen (19/1 saves) – Karlsson (1), Carlén (5), Eggert (9/1), Fahlgren (2), Mogensen (3), Svan Hansen (5), Djordjic (1), Mocsai (1), Heinl, Szilagyi (2)HCM Constanta: Stanescu (bei einem 7m), Popescu (21 saves) – Schuch (2), Baiceanu (1), Stavrositu, Toma (10/3), Sadoveac, Angelovski, Adzic, Sabou, Csepreghi (4/1), Muresan, Onyejeke, Buricea (1), Riganas (4) HSV HamburgMarko VujinMKB Veszprem ← Previous Story The world’s best handball players in Spain and Serbia 2013 Next Story → Lasse Svan Hansen in SG Flensburg until 2015 read more

Read More »

Following 800 poor reviews Amazon stops selling download copies of SimCity

first_imgIn what must be a big blow for EA and Maxis, Amazon has stopped selling download copies of the just released SimCity. The game has at time of writing received 833 reviews on Amazon, and has an average rating of just one star. That’s because 740 of those are one star reviews. Only 20 people gave it 5 stars. There’s few better ways to gauge how a game has been received, and this is pretty damning as to how EA has handled the launch.A note has been posted by Amazon underneath the “Currently unavailable” message. It states that many customers are having connection issues and they have no idea when it will be fixed. As we reported earlier, EA is bringing new servers online over the next 2 days to try and solve the problem, and Maxis is fixing bugs as quickly as they can, but server architecture issues are hampering them.You can still purchase a boxed copy of the game from Amazon, but will anyone bother when they see the reviews? It doesn’t matter how popular EA and Maxis say the game is, Amazon deciding to stop selling your product should be ringing alarm bells and costing EA a small fortune in lost revenue.If EA does solve the server issues by this weekend then they can set about convincing Amazon to open up download purchases again. I’m sure they will after guarantees are given, but the damage has been done as is clear from reading just a few of those reviews.last_img read more

Read More »

Steven Naismith confident Hearts can rediscover winning touch

first_imgHearts forward Steven Naismith believes the team can rediscover their early-season winning run.The Scottish Premiership club got their first win since Naismith went down with a knee injury on Saturday.Craig Levein’s side led the Scottish Premiership at some point this season after winning eight of their first 10 games in the league but injury to Naismith coupled with the absence of the likes of Christophe Berra, John Souttar and Uche Ikpeazu, has seen them tumble to fourth.But Berra returned to full fitness earlier in the December and with his expected return during the festive period, Naismith is confident that the team can rediscover their winning run.Naismith, whose team are only three points off the top, said, according to SportsMole: “You chop it into blocks. We need to be looking at being still in that mix around the winter break.”News: Pereira has gone on loan from United to Hearts George Patchias – August 13, 2019 The young Portuguese goalkeeper has secured a loan deal for the remainder of the season to Hearts of the Scottish Premier League.According to a…“It’s shown so far this season that every team can take points off everybody. It’s about building groups of games and getting good performances.”“We have shown over the first three or four months of the season that we are capable of doing that.”“The boys that have been in the team have shown over the last week that they are not just going to sit down and accept it.”“You could easily have gone through the week of the Rangers game, St Johnstone, Motherwell, with no points but we have put up some good fights. On other days we would have got more points but we’ve dug in, we have shown a steeliness.”“The more players come back, you would hope the more competition for places and the performances rise again.”last_img read more

Read More »

American hostage dies in rescue attempt in Yemen

first_imgWASHINGTON — An American kidnapped more than a year ago in Yemen was killed during a U.S.-led military operation to rescue him, the Pentagon announced Saturday.Luke Somers, 33, a freelance photographer who’d been held by Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula since September 2013, was shot by his captors, the Pentagon said. A South African teacher, Pierre Korkie, who was being held with him, also was killed as were four Yemeni soldiers, the Yemeni government said.No U.S. military casualties were announced.It was the third failed effort by U.S. special forces to rescue a hostage held by terrorists since July, a reminder that special operations such as the one that resulted in the death of al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden are incredibly risky undertakings that are as likely to fail as they are to succeed.The operation began at around 4 a.m. local time in the Nisab district of Yemen’s Shabwa province, a rugged area that has long been outside the control of Yemen’s central government.A team of about 40 special-forces operatives landed in two Osprey vertical-takeoff aircraft a few miles from the village of Abadan, where officials were “pretty certain” Somers and Korkie were being held in a building, a senior Defense Department official said. The U.S. team then walked to the site, the official said, in an effort to maintain an element of surprise.last_img read more

Read More »

President Vice President condole Sheila Dikshits demise

first_imgNew Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu Saturday expressed sorrow at the demise of former Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit, saying her term in office was a period of momentous transformation for the national capital.Sad to hear of the passing of Smt Sheila Dikshit, former Chief Minister of Delhi and a senior political figure. Her term in office was a period of momentous transformation for the capital for which she will be remembered. Condolences to her family and associates #PresidentKovind— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) July 20, 2019 Also Read – CBI carrying out surprise checks at 150 government departments Advertise With Us Dikshit (81) passed away here following a prolonged illness. Kovind offered condolences to the senior leader’s family and associates. “Sad to hear of the passing of Smt Sheila Dikshit, former chief minister of Delhi and a senior political figure. Her term in office was a period of momentous transformation for the capital for which she will be remembered,” he tweeted. Also Read – Ratul Puri’s ED custody extended by 4 more days Advertise With Us I express my profound sorrow and grief over the demise of former Chief Minister of Delhi, Smt. Sheila Dikshit today. She was a good administrator. #SheilaDikshit pic.twitter.com/uusV7uIi9q— VicePresidentOfIndia (@VPSecretariat) July 20, 2019 Naidu expressed grief over her demise. “I express my profound sorrow and grief over the demise of former Chief Minister of Delhi, Smt. Sheila Dikshit today. She was a good administrator,” Naidu’s secretariat tweeted.last_img read more

Read More »